Thursday 5 May 2016

6477 to go!

Chasing the impossible?

Last year I got a few cards in a lot I bought and decided to start collecting the set. After a bit of research I realised there was 6,742 of them! Had I made a bad decision? Am I chasing the impossible?

If you don't know already it's the 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy set with a card for every home game ever played at the old Yankee Stadium. The cards were inserted into other Upper Deck baseball card sets during 2008 and 2009.

























Following a conversation with a friend I decided to apply some targets to it otherwise I might die before completing the set. So I've set a target of completing it by the time I'm 65 and on that basis need to get a minimum of 30 cards per month between now and then.

This months delivery has arrived and contains 33 cards so at this rate I'll complete it when I'm 64.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, trying to do the same, already for two years....my rate is like 2 a month so I clearly need to step it up as the chances of me getting past 150 years of age are probably slim :-))

    ReplyDelete